5.10.2007

In a Fog


Haloed Sun and Sumac



Weather conditions have been right for fog in Southeastern Wisconsin this week. It rolls in from Lake Michigan in the evening, engulfing Milwaukee and other lakeside communities and disperses around 9:30 in the morning. A few miles inland there is brilliant sunshine and if you are enjoying a cup of coffee on your back porch you may be oblivious to conditions on the lake. I like to keep in touch with what is happening by checking the Wisconsin DOT live cameras posted in Milwaukee and Port Washington.



The following photos were taken on a recent morning at Lions Den Gorge Park in Grafton. Some people find fog gloomy but I love the soft light and the dampening of sound. This walk was anything but quiet though because of the constant bird songs that surrounded me. I could not see any of the lake on this morning so my focus was directed to the smaller world allowed me by the encrouching fog.














Marsh Marigolds are in bloom, giving a yellow touch to the wetlands.












....along the cliff walk










on the beach






Trillium are in bloom in the woodlands.


No comments:

Post a Comment