1.21.2012

Moonwalk


This winter has been so mild that I have had few opportunities to capture snow and ice photos. The fields are bare, none of the fluffy white stuff to be found. In January, the only place I could find anything interesting was on the shores of Lake Michigan at Harrington Beach State Park. It looked like the surface of the moon, with the snow craters and moguls.



I was very interested in capturing ice and frost patterns. It was so cold that I could actually watch ice crystals grow at my feet on the water that had pooled away from the shore. It was such an amazing experience I captured a bit of it on video. This is not a time lapse video! They were actually growing that quickly.




In addition to my digital camera, I photographed using my vintage Argus, Holga and Olympus OM1. As soon as I print some of those images I will add them to Flickr or my website. In the meantime here are a few more digital images from my afternoon moonwalk.

















I didn't find the intricate ice patterns that I was looking for but it was a fabulous day to be outside with my cameras even if it was a bit cold. Fingers are frozen! Time to head home!


No comments:

Post a Comment